I’ve wanted to try a full on rainbow gradient for quite some time. I saw this somewhere (Pinterest, Instagram? Not sure!) and thought I’d give it a whirl! I used a ton of polishes to create this look and had a ton of fun. Bright + sparkles = win!
Please excuse my awkward hand pose! I was trying to get all the colors in one shot to truly showcase the rainbow effect.
Ok, I totally loved this manicure. I started out with a base of China Glaze White on White, and then I did vertical gradients to gradually go through the colors of the rainbow. I think the middle finger was a little subtle, but it’s cool, I dig it! Anyways, I used a trillion colors to do this:
- Zoya America (red on thumb)
- Essie Fear or Desire (orange on thumb)
- Lime Crime Crema de Limon (yellow on thumb and index finger)
- Essie Mojito Madness (green on index finger)
- Nails Inc Warwick Way (teal on index and middle finger)
- Essie Butler Please (blue on middle and pinkie finger)
- Lime Crime Lavendairy (purple on pinkie finger)
And the whole thing is topped off with a healthy coat of OPI Servin’ Up Sparkle. I know tons of people use China Glaze Fairy Dust on top of gradients (and it’s really pretty!) but my bottle seems to be defective. I think I could try out some nail polish thinner.